Have a Renewable Energy Community Project? Apply for Blue Sky Funding
Rocky Mountain Power is now accepting applications for new community-based energy projects to receive funding from our Blue Sky program to do amazing things in their communities.
Our Blue Sky program has supported more than 110 renewable energy projects since 2006 in Rocky Mountain Power communities throughout Utah. Because our customers have an option to join to Blue Sky, their contributions have directly supported these important projects.
Making a big community impact
All of the projects are focused on furthering the growth of renewable energy and offering educational opportunities that benefit local communities.
Notable projects made possible by Blue Sky include:
Loveland Living Planet Aquarium’s solar project also received Blue Sky funding
How to submit an application
If you have an exciting project in mind that will benefit a community in Utah, we want you to apply! We will choose a select number of projects based on the criteria below.
Applications accepted: October 17, 2016 – December 15, 2016
About: The Blue Sky program offers funding to non-residential projects in Rocky Mountain Power’s service area to encourage community growth and reduce carbon footprints.
- You are a locally owned business or organization
- Your business or organization is within the Rocky Mountain Power service area
- Your location generates less than 10 megawatts of electricity
- Your project demonstrates strong environmental, economic and educational benefits to the community
Preference will be given to:
- Projects that advance innovative and emerging technologies, such as solar for electric vehicle charging with battery storage
- Projects that provide a robust educational and public outreach component, and that have a project owner financially vested in the project
Read a more detailed description of the criteria and submit an application now.
You can make a difference with Blue Sky starting at $1.95 a month
Helping community-based projects achieve their goals is just one component of the Blue Sky program. Blue Sky also offers Rocky Mountain Power customers a way to help the environment and support the development of renewable energy resources.
You can sign up to enroll in the Blue Sky renewable energy program for as little as $1.95 a month.
More than 42,000 Blue Sky Utahns are already supporting more than 1.6 billion kilowatt-hours of Western-region wind energy. This is equivalent to reducing over 1 million tons of carbon.
Learn more about the Blue Sky program or enroll today »