How to Get on the Subscriber Solar Waitlist
The Rocky Mountain Power Subscriber Solar program that allows residents and businesses to get some or all of their energy from solar power is now 99% subscribed.
Join the Waitlist!
We offer a waitlist for anyone who is interested in signing up for Subscriber Solar.
How it works:
- Register for the waitlist: Residential | Commercial
(You’ll need your account number.)
- As space becomes available, you will be notified by email and given priority to subscribe to the amount of energy (known as blocks) that you need.
About Subscriber Solar
Rocky Mountain Power developed the Subscriber Solar program to give customers a choice to use solar power even if they can’t afford private solar panels or prefer not to have them.
- Subscription – Subscriptions are in blocks of 200 kilowatt-hours (kwh), which offsets your usage on your energy bill.
- Length – You can keep your subscription for up to 20 years. If you move to another place in Utah served by Rocky Mountain Power, your solar blocks go with you.
- Setup – No installation of any kind is required.
- Power Source – The power comes from a 20-megawatt solar plant in Millard County, Utah, which Rocky Mountain Power has purchased.
- Cancellation – Once you receive your first Subscriber Solar bill, you will have 30 days to cancel any or all of your blocks to avoid a $50 per-block cancellation fee. Cancellation fees are waived if you keep your subscription for at least three years.
- Waitlist – When customers cancel their subscription, their blocks are offered to the next customer on the waitlist.
Have more questions?
Read the Subscriber Solar FAQ
Get Started Now
If you don’t want to wait for renewable energy on the Subscriber Solar waitlist, you can also enroll in our Blue Sky renewable energy program.